Click on the icons to learn more
If you do not have a ´Honeywell ID´, you can register and create one by clicking on the link in the GDC home page.
The current GDC ID login will not be supported.
Honeywell Strengthens In-Flight Internet, Airtime Connectivity Offerings With Satcom1 Acquisition
New Version of Weather Information Service
Honeywell’s Weather Information Service assists the flight crew in making strategic, in-flight decisions with respect to weather information by providing up-to-date weather data (e.g. along route, areas of interest, etc.). Additionally, Weather Information Service can provide optimization of the flight path due to the availability of the most recent weather information.
We’ve updated Weather Information Service with these new features:
• Lightning as a globally available observational weather product. The addition of observed lightning allows the user to identify areas of weather to be avoided in regions of the world where ground based radar data is not yet available. When combined with observed satellite cloud cover data, the flight crews and dispatchers can better plan routes through areas with weather hazards.
• Upgraded "time bar" that allows the user to play or pause weather observation data, to view weather trends over time more easily.
• Simplified weather data settings: now it's easier to quickly choose weather products for display, and choose timeframe settings.
• New flight planning features: now you can copy and paste your flight plans into Weather Information Service, or manually create a simple point-to-point flight plan.
• Bug fixes and usability improvements throughout the product.
• Improvements to product based on the certification body feedback.
Learn more about Weather Information Service and download a demo here
Honeywell GDC NextGen FMS SID/STAR Modification Update
Honeywell GDC NextGen FMS SID/STAR modification update has been released for Gulfstream G650, Dassault EASy III and Embraer.
The GDC has deployed a modification to the flight plan uplink for aircraft equipped with the Honeywell NextGen FMS to remove SID and STAR from the flight plan uplink.
This modification was made for the following reasons:
1) Mitigate flight plan uplink rejects for SID and STAR entries that runway dependant.
2) Mitigate flight plan uplink rejects for SID and STAR entries that do not match FMS Nav DB.
3) At many airports, especially busy ones, the planned runway for departure and arrival does not end up being the actual departure/arrival runway (changes because of winds, traffic, volume, etc). Crew awareness is increased when they have to select, insert and review their assigned SID’s and STAR’s.
This flight plan uplink modification will affect Gulfstream G650, Dassault EASy III and Embraer operators with NextGen FMS installed.GDC plans to implement this flight plan uplink modification for all FMS types in the near future.